Sunday 8 June 2014

Sketch in Stitches




I am currently deep in the process of sorting everything I own, clearing out and packing, and was thrilled to find what I thought was a long lost treasure from my teen years. This “sketch” of Westminster Abbey was a kit that I bought at long gone, much missed grand store, The Needlewoman. The image was stamped on linen and the effect of sketching was through  stitches of all sizes and in all directions. I had remembered doing this piece but I hadn’t seen for a very long time, and I thought it might have been lost in one of many moves I have made, some of them tainted by disaster.

The stitched, framed area measures 9 ¼” long and 7 ¼” wide.



I also found this scrap of paper, the bottom part of a bill with a typed message – another blast from the past. I wish the top part was still there so I could see if anything else was purchased that time.

No comments: