Monday 31 March 2014

Quilt for March


  

This month’s quilt is a rather luxurious one and a departure from my usual taste in reproduction fabrics. It is a small quilt, made up of the Cumberland line of late 19th century reproduction fabrics designed by Fons & Porter for Benartex, Inc. One of the dolls gets to have it on his bed for a month or so in the early summer, probably because of all of that fabulous yellow in it. 

The fabrics have quite a gloss and sheen to them although this is not apparent from the two photographs of the quilt. 


I have, therefore, included another one that is just of some of the materials so as to better show off their richness and elegance. I was, in fact, a little overwhelmed by that richness and elegance, and could not come up with a satisfactory design for a large quilt that I felt would do the Cumberland line justice so I made a small one instead.



The quilt measures 22” square, and is entirely hand pieced and hand quilted.

2 comments:

=Tamar said...

It's spring, apparently. I hope you're enjoying nice weather in between quilt projects.

One More Stitch said...

Thanks, Tamar. The weather is glorious here and I am getting out a bit to take advantage of it. Shaded sunlight is also the best kind of light to stitch by!