Wednesday 11 July 2012

Non-Historical Summer Knitting



This little fellow was great fun to knit and is so adorable. I made the body two summers ago and the legs this past June – another project completed! I have to admit that six of the same leg and then the two front claws were a tad tiresome but they knit up quickly once I set my mind and needles to them.

The pattern comes from Knitty’s issue of Summer 2009.

I used one skein each of Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Solid in Scarlet and Beige, and 3.75mm/US 5 double pointed needles. The mouth was embroidered with a double strand of KnitPicks’s Palette in Black.

This particular crab measures 5” cross the body. The front legs, with claws, are 4 ½” long, and the back legs are 5 ½” long.

He looks quite happy at the beach, doesn’t he?




1 comment:

karen! said...

And I love him so much!